(meteorobs) Surprising similarity of Meteor streaks & Bolides?

chiayk1 at singnet.com.sg chiayk1 at singnet.com.sg
Thu May 1 21:56:20 EDT 2008

Hi :

 I am also interested in the overall 'light amplitude envelope' of meteor. From what i have seen in video there are a) (majority) meteor with peak amplitude towards the end, b) meteors with 'wavering' light amplitude through out the flight path c) meteors what have a  peak amplitude surprisingly very close to the beginning point d) dim meteor that appears to be rather flat in the amplitude e) and those with multiple terminal busts. Perhaps the meteoriod composition, mass, entry velocity and the geometry of the meteor vs users contributed to visual characteristics.

rgds
ykchia
wwww.nightevents.blogspot.com