(meteorobs) Followup Lyrid obs HALWA April 25.

meteoreye at comcast.net meteoreye at comcast.net
Sun May 4 15:47:04 EDT 2008

Whenever I observe during poor moon conditions, I try to watch on an off peak night under similar conditions.
On the morning of April 25th I watched for 1.80 hours Teff at the NJAA. LM was ~ +5.0.

3 meteors, 1 each ANT (+2), SPO (+3.5) and LYR (+3.5)

On April 22, the Lyrid peak, with a LM of +4.9 I saw 9 Lyrids in 2 hours. This really shows how LM affects meteor counts when there is no major shower peak.

This was only the 40th Lyrid recorded by the NAMN this year.