(meteorobs) Geminids 2007 pics online...finally...

Koen Miskotte koen.miskotte at versatel.nl
Mon May 19 07:10:45 EDT 2008

Hello dear meteor enthousiasts,
Finally after publication in our e-zine eRadiant (Journal of the Dutch
Meteor Society) I have uploaded a number of pictures of the Geminids 2007 to
my website www.koenmiskotte.nl . It contains compositions of many Geminids I
photographed from Evóra, Portugal under bright sky's. There I observed the
stream with my friends Carl Johannink, Michel Vandeputte, Simon Vanderkerken
and Inneke Vanderkerken. We could observe during two clear nights 13/14 and
14/15 december (Michel did also a session on 12/13 december).
In total I photographed more than 140 meteors during the nights 13/14 and
14/15 december. Amongst them two brilliant -5 Geminids. I used a Canon 40D
with a Canon EF 2.8/15 mm fish eye lens. For further details see my website.
It is best to see the pictures in "original" mode (see the links below the
pictures).
Because the camera worked automaticly to make pictures of 43 seconds (1600
iso) it was possible to make a movie (using a program called Unfreeze) of
the stars, planes and meteors.
Clear sky's!
Koen