(meteorobs) Pons Winneke Comet Outburst

Mikhail Maslov ast3 at ngs.ru
Sun May 25 08:34:29 EDT 2008

Hello, Anthony and all,

This case should mean that 2008 trail of 26P, ejected during the its
current return should be much denser comparing to other ones. So we
can expect stronger activity in the future, when this trail will
encounter with the Earth (the first good encounter will be in 2093). I
don't thing this May outburst will cause any additional activity on
current average annual June Bootid activity, as when it happens it is
connected with very old material, not newly ejected.

Best regards, Mikhail