(meteorobs) Simple meteor capture system.

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Wed May 28 00:53:09 EDT 2008

A simple motion capture system can't provide any automated data. All it
can do is capture the events themselves, and you'll need to analyze them
manually.

To determine shower membership, you need to use the image to measure the
beginning and ending altitudes and azimuths, convert those to equatorial
coordinates, and then test (for linearity) against the positions of
possible showers.

You can use the data you collect to build up a statistical database of
activity. To determine the atmospheric path, velocity, or orbit of a
body requires that the meteor be captured on at least two cameras.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com