(meteorobs) OT -Addendum to Sidhartha.

stange34 at sbcglobal.net stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 28 23:24:11 EDT 2008

I think Backscatter has the future additional POTENTIALS of:

a) Autoranging of meteors by way of propogation delay.

b) Backscatter spectral displays may contain properties related to meteor
element composition.

c) May be able to determine the meteor density(mass) or  physical size
before ablation.

d) May be able to determine ablation & train temperatures..... plus more.

It is noteworthy that Ed Majden's research in Spectral Analysis et.al., has
moved into backscatter now too. I "suspect" he intends to investigate the
properties of the backscatter envelopes as a research tool....

-YCS