(meteorobs) OT -Addendum to Sidhartha.

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Thu May 29 01:00:10 EDT 2008

On 28-May-08, at 9:29 PM, Chris Peterson wrote:

> Hi Ed-
>
> What's the distance from your camera to the next? Our most productive
> camera pair are about 200 km apart, and these record several
> multistation events per week. Closer cameras catch more than that. Did
> you mean you've never recorded a multistation event, or you've never
> recorded one where you also captured the spectrum?
>
> Chris

> Chris L Peterson
> Cloudbait Observatory
> http://www.cloudbait.com

Hi Chris:
	Multi-station all-sky events are not a problem.  The difficulty is,
recording a "good" spectrum.  I only operate my spectrographs during
meteor showers in order to increase ones chances of recording a
spectrum.  The spectrographs of course are not all sky, but cover
approximately 35X35 degrees to 40X40 degrees which is a fraction of
the all-skies coverage.  The meteor must also be going in the correct
direction also and must be bright enough to produce a good spectrum.
One of my biggest problems here is light pollution as this limits the
length of each exposure before film fogging becomes objectionable.
We often don't have clear skies at my site on Vancouver Island.  I
should be in Arizona!  ;-)
Ed