(meteorobs) kappa Cygnids

Jenniskens, Petrus M. (ARC-SST)[SETI INSTITUTE] petrus.m.jenniskens at nasa.gov
Thu May 29 19:30:20 EDT 2008

Jeremie and I have a new paper in press. A summary
of the research was posted today on Space.com at:

http://www.space.com/searchforlife/080529-seti-kappa-cygnids.html

The paper will appear later this year in the Astronomical
Journal. Reason for the early announcement is that the minor
planet 2008 ED69 is having its best visibility in the next few weeks
(albeit close to the galactic plane in Cassiopeia), and we hope that
it will be well observed to help confirm, or disprove, the proposed
association with the kappa Cygnid shower.

-Peter Jenniskens