(meteorobs) kappa Cygnids

Roberto G. md6648 at mclink.it
Sat May 31 11:48:21 EDT 2008

From: "Jenniskens,Petrus M. (ARC-SST)[SETI INSTITUTE]"

> Jeremie and I have a new paper in press. A summary
> of the research was posted today on Space.com at:
>
> http://www.space.com/searchforlife/080529-seti-kappa-cygnids.html
>
> The paper will appear later this year in the Astronomical
> Journal. Reason for the early announcement is that the minor
> planet 2008 ED69 is having its best visibility in the next few weeks
> (albeit close to the galactic plane in Cassiopeia), and we hope that
> it will be well observed to help confirm, or disprove, the proposed
> association with the kappa Cygnid shower.
>
> -Peter Jenniskens

I saw yesterday at

http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=2008+ED69&orb=1     (2008 ED69)

and I'm very perplex on that you and Jeremie wrote,
naturally an applet java cannot work for calculate a
meteor shower, but as I can see the orbit of this
asteroid it's very distant from the orbit of the Earth
(Moid 0.28364 A.U.), then today this object cannot
do meteor for Earth, the comet 7P Pons-Winnecke
do June Bootides with a similar Moid but because
around a century ago this comet cut the Earth orbit,
do the same occured at this asteroid?
Following the applet, around September 1991 the
asteroid, that I think it's a dormant comet, has a
relatively near passage with Jupiter and around 25
october 1993 cut the orbit of Venus, then probably
on Venus it was a meteor shower of Kappa Cygnids
around 4-5 Febbruary 1994, in this time, Magellan
probe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magellan_probe

was in orbit around Venus. Do you can resamine its
data for research traces of a meteor shower (by radio)?
Best greetings.
Roberto Gorelli