(meteorobs) Meteor Observations from Northern Nevada on October 29, 2008

Robin Gray sevenvalleysent at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 1 17:16:48 EDT 2008

I went out on the morning of October 29 to observe meteors. While dark adapting my eyes before the observation period I saw a good many meteors, but once I started recording them the rush seemed over and numbers were down considerably over my last time out, especially for the Orionids.
Following is a record of what I saw.

October 29, 2008 Paradise Hill, Nevada, 20 miles North of Winnemucca. Longitude 117 degrees, 37' 30" West, 41 degrees, 15' 0" North

UT Period    Field   F     LM     ORI   NTA   SPO

7:57-8:58    60SE    1.0   6.55    1     1     6

Magnitude Distribution

Shower  0  1  2  3  4  5

ORI           1

NTA     1