(meteorobs) Taurids - swarm ? or maybe a weak showing so far?

Bruce McCurdy bmccurdy at telusplanet.net
Fri Nov 7 16:26:08 EST 2008

It's been cloudy here in Edmonton but the forecast is promising for tonight.
I sure hope so: moonset is at 1:50 MST overnight tonight and 3:11 tomorrow
night, as the Moon rushes north-eastward up the ecliptic (+ > 5 deg.
declination in 24 hours). So the next clear night is the best one for this
year's Taurids.

I did have a good session of post-peak Orionids which included a few
Taurids. I have reported on-line to IMO but not yet here. Hope it's not too
late, Mark; I'll try to get to that today.

Bruce
*****