(meteorobs) Leonid Activity?.. Yes¡¡¡

s. aguirre drsaguirre at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 8 10:25:09 EST 2008

 To:
  Anthony
Florida, USA

Copy  this information of  Wayne T Hally (NAMN notes Nov. 08)..  :-)

 "  For North America, the best chance to see some Leonids may be during the early morning moon free hours at the start of activity before the Full Moon. Sirko Molau’s 2008 analysis of IMO video meteors indicated the earliest Leonids begin to show up as soon as November 6th when the morning hours will be dark, and at least one moon free hour should be possible before twilight until the morning of the 10th. There might only be one or two per hour though, so great care must be used in correctly identifying any potential shower members. Since the radiant does not rise until about 10:30 PM local time, the early morning hours are the best time to look in any case. Here are the radiant positions for selected dates (Right Ascension is given in degrees and hours and minutes, Declination in degrees)."""

regards

salvador aguirre