(meteorobs) October NAMN Observations

meteors at comcast.net meteors at comcast.net
Mon Nov 10 14:51:57 EST 2008

I have just completed archiving the last of the October observations
received by NAMN and have updated the monthly summary at

http://www.namnmeteors.org/observationsOct08.html

The following 17 observers contributed over 145 hours of observations:

Salvador Aguirre, Mexico, Tibor Csorgei, Slovakia, George Gliba, USA,
Bill Godley, USA, Robin Gray, USA, Shy Halatz, Israel, Wayne Hally, USA,
Robert Hays, Jr., USA, Javor Kac, Slovenia, Robert Lunsford, USA, Pierre
Martin, Canada, Paul Martsching, USA, Koen Miskotte, The Netherlands,
Wesley Stone, USA, David Swann, USA, William Watson, USA, Kristi Wenger,
USA.

These observers recorded the following meteors:

ANT: Antihelion Source             2
DAU: Delta Aurigids               23
EGE: Epsilon Geminids             65
GIA: Giacobinids (Draconids)       8
ICA: Iota Cancrids                 7
LMI: Leo Minorids                 46
NTA: Taurids, Northern            88
ORI: Orionids                   1175
SPX: Apex Source, Southern         1
STA: Taurids, Southern            93
TAU: Taurids                      14
TUM: Tau Ursa Majorids             1
XGE: Xi Geminids                   3

SPO: Sporadics                   707

If there are any reports I have missed, or if you see errors in the
summaries, please let me know. My thanks to all of the people that
submitting reports for October!

--
Mark Davis, South Carolina, USA
meteors at comcast.net