(meteorobs) Statistical significance of the Taurid fireball enhancement 2008

meteoreye at comcast.net meteoreye at comcast.net
Tue Nov 11 12:47:41 EST 2008

I agree, anecdotal reports are just that...anecdotal.

My own observations have shown no spectacular rates and no brighter than usual. There are always Taurid Fireballs, whether this year is above normal remains to be seen. Up till now, it's media hype.

BTW I have recorded 32 NTA and 25 STA in  39.17 hours.

Wayne

From: dfischer at astro.uni-bonn.de (Daniel Fischer)