(meteorobs) Bright Fireball.

stange stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 13 15:19:16 EST 2008

Near as I can figure from a single photograph, a bright fireball explosion
occured apprx. 47 to 60 miles from Yuba City, with the ablation explosion
occurring somewhere between 10 miles North of Sierra City & a point midway
between Blairsden & Calpine.

Rough estimate based on 50 to 60 miles elevation for starting ablation. This
fireball appears to be on a rather steep descent in general Northerly
direction. Evidence of a brief cloud-like debris train. Should have been
visible in Carson City, Nevada in the North-Eastern sky about 60 degrees
Azimuth on 11/13 at 0322:25.4 PST, or 20081113_112225.4 UT.

(Milking a single photo for all I can get out of it)  :-)
YCSentinel