(meteorobs) OT -Reverse of Ram Drive(Disk) in meteor detection software.

stange stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 15 23:09:05 EST 2008

Question. Is it possible to do a reversal of what a Ram Disk does? e.g.,
Partition or designate a portion of a hard drive to act as memory where
incoming data is stored by this hard drive memory until it stops, then that
data is acquired & processed by the meteor software program at a more
convenient time between meteor events without losing a "Watch time"?

The purpose here is to increase effective RAM, reduce down time between
meteor recordings, allow (new) meteor data to come into memory even before
the previous data has been fully processed by the softare program. This
would make the hard drive a direct recording instrument without trying to do
any processing at the same time.

Researching on-line has not indicated this has been invented yet. But I sure
could use it in each my 3 meteor monitoring computers.

I am sending a copy of this to Joseph who designed the Sentinel software
with Richard. It may be that the Sentinel digitizer box does "some" of this
function?

YCSentinel