(meteorobs) Leonid rates from Eastern USA

GLDSKTR at aol.com GLDSKTR at aol.com
Mon Nov 17 08:18:07 EST 2008

All,

 Looks like the predicted outburst happened after all! Congrats to all  who
saw it!

  I got up at 4am in Florida, USA under crystal clear skies, and 40*  temps.
Strong, cold wind. In one hour, I only caught a few Leonids, although the
northern part of the sky was blocked by my roof, so there could have been more.
The meteors were bright, but I didn't see anything that resembled an  outburst.

  I'll be out there again tomorrow morning!

Anthony
Florida, USA