(meteorobs) Techniques for High, Bright Moon Observing

Bill Godley wwgj180 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 14:51:17 EST 2008

Can anyone share their preferred approach for mitigating the moonlight?  Block the moon at all cost and limit amount of sky being watched or kind of look away and ignore the moonlight, keeping the radiant on the edge of FOV?  I tried holding a cap up for a while to block just the area needed to avoid the moon, but my arm got tired quickly.  I am thinking maybe mounting a paper plate on a stick or something of the sort.  Any favorite methods you might share?

Thanks,
Bill