(meteorobs) Techniques for High, Bright Moon Observing

GLDSKTR at aol.com GLDSKTR at aol.com
Mon Nov 17 15:37:12 EST 2008

That's a good idea, I do something similar.

I have a steady stand, with moveable upper section. I created a  circular
piece of wood, painted black, to block out the moon directly. The wood  creates
weight for wind, and it is the shape of the Moon, so I don't lose any  major
part of the sky. Only the atmospheric glare is visible.

Anthony
Florida, USA

In a message dated 11/17/2008 3:20:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,