(meteorobs) Astrovid "Fireball Camera"

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Mon Nov 24 22:20:57 EST 2008

The plans for mine are here:
http://www.cloudbait.com/projects/allskycamera.html. This costs around
US$250 to build. I use a 1/3" camera, which cuts off the top and bottom just
a bit. If you want to go completely to the horizons, you need a 1/2" camera,
which is a little more expensive. No major pitfalls- just make sure you use
the internal fan if you're not in a dry climate (which I somehow doubt in
the UK <g>), otherwise the dome will collect dew. Also, make sure you use an
autoiris lens, so you don't have to worry about the Sun damaging the sensor
during the day.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory