(meteorobs) Astrovid "Fireball Camera"

stange stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 25 14:27:46 EST 2008

I think you have done quite well Paul! A very nice camera with well thought
out planning on your part. Videos were nice too. All you need is a big
fireball to make your day!  :-)

Part of the fun too, is finding the right balance of the Handyavi settings.
I still experiment on that here. I do not know what version you are using
but it has been upgraded to 4.2 with new features. It (IS) cost effective
for both primary & backup systems. Howard continues to develop that program
regularly with new features.

I too am in the center of 3 major airport approach & departure paths, with a
sneaky military base to the side that flies stealth aircraft at night. Most
of my triggers are aircraft until about Midnight. Sometimes it is necessary
to really examine footage to distinguish what it really is.

Chris provided a very nice but not too intuitive light graph program that
works well with Handy videos. Sometimes that reveals the true nature of
suspect flaring. Maybe he will post the URL for us. I use the program but
deleted the URL to get it free.

Again....Very good website & explanation of progress!!

Larry
YCSentinel