(meteorobs) Sonic Booms heard in N Wales, UK Tuesday 18th - possible meteor/meteorite?

Leo S l.stachowicz at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 26 18:22:41 EST 2008

  Mystery rumbles on over strange sounds

*Published Date: * 20 November 2008
By Alex Ballard
*AN 'EAR' witness who heard a mysterious rumbling noise in the Amlwch
area on Tuesday afternoon, believes that the source was neither an earth
tremor or a plane.*

The incident, which occurred at 2.25pm, was very similar to the
unexplained boom that rattled the doors of local residents last August.

He said: "I was taking photos of Parys Mountain when I heard a low
rumbling noise coming from the north. It lasted one to two seconds, but
I couldn't feel any temors, and then there was a second rumble.

"I've heard that kind of noise before in a quarry when they've been
blasting. It didn't sound like an aircraft to me."

Scientists at the British Geological Survey in Edinburgh say no seismic
activity was recorded in the area and the Ministry of Defence could not
confirm the presence of supersonic jets.

The last earthquake to hit the area was on February 10, 1994, when an
tremor measuring 4 EMS struck south west of Bangor.

http://www.northwaleschronicle.co.uk/news/Mystery-rumbles-on-over-strange.4710371.jp

Leo