(meteorobs) Astrovid "Fireball Camera" -Question to Paul.

Paul Pugh Paul at Paul-Pugh.Net
Thu Nov 27 15:41:24 EST 2008

Hi Larry - No software as such, tend to just capture about 50 frames ( ±1sec
@ PAL) in MJPG format AVI @ 640x480.... any "tweaking" is achieved with
VirtualDub offline, on my main PC.  Although the camera may be IR sensitive,
my [cheap] lens is almost certainly not!  (Having said that it detects
clouds rather well...)

Leo - had some success but have only been really operational for a few weeks
and up in t'north its been foggy/cloudy/rainy most nights for the last
couple of weeks... but I am hopeful that some good clear winter nights
aren't too far away. I want to tweak the field of view a bit more (decrease)
before turning-up the sensitivity on HandyAVI... watch this space.

Paul
Paul Pugh
Matlock, UK (53.1N 1.6W)
http://www.paul-pugh.net