(meteorobs) meteorite fragments from fireball found

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 28 13:42:08 EST 2008

Larry:
	I would love to get a fragment myself.  Any meteorites found in
Canada require an export permit.  This is necessary so research
scientists can get or bid on samples first before collectors with
deeper pockets drive the prices out of site.  I expect most samples
will end up with Dr. Alan Hildebrand's group at the University of
Calgary and the National Meteorite Collection in Ottawa.  Dr.
Hildebrand is leading the recovery of the meteorite fragments.
Ed Majden
Courtenay, B.C.