(meteorobs) OT -Proceeding with IR block fireball detonation system.

stange stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 29 12:12:17 EST 2008

Hello Paco, Chris.

I would be satisfied to see some evidence of thermal distribution (however
rough) during an explosion. My interest(and possible merit) is the light
distribution of the fixed ember in the earlier test. It clearly showed the
temperature gradients surrounding the ember which characterized the hot ash
which could also be a model of particle separation within a meteoroid during
moments of detonation.

My equipment(speed & resolution) is not up to any kind of full
investigation. Just a little evidence would be good here.....that there is
more to be seen.

Best part is....the filter can be unscrewed from its mount returning the
system back to standard meteor detection in seconds when I go up to the
patio roof.  :-)

Comments acknowledged Chris. Tnx.

Larry
YCSentinel