(meteorobs) OT -Proceeding with IR block fireball detonationsystem.

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Nov 29 12:40:28 EST 2008

Larry-

Your cigarette test just showed the difference between a saturated and an
unsaturated image. You can achieve that with an IR filter, ND filter,
reduction in exposure time, or some combination of these. The difference
between the test and actual usage is resolution. For a typical fireball,
your camera resolution is going to be around 300-500 meters per pixel (or
even more). I don't know that you'll see any detail in a fragmentation at
that scale. Guess we'll see... once you get a big event.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com