(meteorobs) OT -Proceeding with IR block fireball detonation system.

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Nov 29 14:39:03 EST 2008

Certainly, people have set up meteor spectra cameras in the past. But unless
you use an image intensifier, they are pretty much limited to very bright
fireballs- which means you just don't get much data. I've never seen a
fireball spectrum published (but maybe somebody has one). A system using
filters, while not providing as good of spectral data as you'd get with a
grating, does have the advantage of providing a more continuous stream of
useful information.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory