(meteorobs) Meteoroid streams and the Moon

Chris Steyaert csteyaert at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 14:19:48 EST 2008

  David, All,

>I favour the second answer, but am not sure...

Me too ;-)

The geocentric velocity (speed and radiant position) is the vector
sum of velocity of the Earth and that of the stream. Also to be
considered is the travel time of the meteoroids from the distance of
the Moon to the Earth (magnitude of an hour).

The question could be put differently: does the Moon occasionally
shield places on Earth from a stream? I think it can: a bit like the
the path of a total solar eclipse moving over the Earth.

         Regards,

         Chris