(meteorobs) Sudan Bolide

Karl Antier ka.antier at wanadoo.fr
Wed Oct 8 03:51:45 EDT 2008

Hi Shy, Daniela and all,

I also tried to catch it from Southern France, as I discovered the object
late at night and didn't knew how accurate the predictions were. Also
thinking (wrongly ?), that possible debris surrounding the object could
produce some meteors, that would not mandatorily fall above Sudan. But
I didn't catch anything between 02h30 and 03h00 UT, except a mag. +2
meteor directed to the SW...
The fireball might have been spotted by an airline pilot, and recorded
infrasonically in kenya. That's the only reports of the entry I heard of
so far.
The first predicted fireball...

Clear skies to all!
Here, Draconids happen over rain and clouds...
Karl