(meteorobs) Sept 30, 2008 mutual fireball capture with APOD specimen

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Sat Oct 11 11:13:13 EDT 2008

Bruce McCurdy wrote:
> http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap081011.html
>
> Wow.
>
> Bruce
> *****

That truly is an sublime picture.

I am 99.9% sure I also captured that particular fireball in my all-sky
video camera and forward scatter radio array.
.
http://www.heliotown.com/Fireballs_September_30_2008_Ashcraft.html
.
It is the "Fireball Specimen 4" on the archive page.    In my movie East
is screen left and if you look close you can see the fireball flare just
as in the photo.  It made an excellent forward scatter radio reflection
on both of my radios- in stereo - at 61.250 MHz CW (A channel) and
83.250 MHz CW (B channel).

Clear skies,
Thomas Ashcraft
New Mexico