(meteorobs) Orionids performed great!

Koen Miskotte koen.miskotte at versatel.nl
Mon Oct 20 01:05:29 EDT 2008

Hi,
Just back of my observing site to observe the Orionids. After a lot of cirrus sky cleared partly in north western direction. In that direction I had no cloud in my filed of view. I have not listen to my digital voice recorder yet, but the Orionids were great, many bright ones  I have seen between magnitude +1 and -2. I estimated 15-20 Orionids an hour with limiting magnitudes between 5.7 and 5.4. During the last hour I had the impression rates were slightly slowing down.
So American observers , go out and see if the show is goining on!
Best wishes and good luck!
Koen