(meteorobs) Big Battle, NWS vs ClearSkyClock

meteoreye at comcast.net meteoreye at comcast.net
Tue Oct 21 19:07:21 EDT 2008

For this morning (morning of the 22nd) the NWS (National Weather Service) suggests I can get some sleep (desperately needed) tonight (Partly Cloudy), while the CSC (based on the Canadian models)  says I should be prepared for all night clear skies.

I will start my nap and wake up about midnight and see how it is developing!!

ORI radiant reaches 30 degrees elevation at ~ 1AM EDT here, and moon rises around 0030 EDT (0430 UT).

I'm still processing obs from two mornings ago, haven't even been able to enter them to IMO online or report full obs here. More clear skies will put me further behind. Oh well, better to collect the observations thatn be clouded out!!!

Wayne in NJ, USA