(meteorobs) 21/22Oct Quick Report from E. Oklahoma

Bill Godley wwgj180 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 13:33:07 EDT 2008

The weather gods smiled on me last night and forecasts of a dreary overnight played out as clear skies.

Orionids still quite active, but definitely fainter.  I didn't record any brighter than mag 0 whereas the previous two nights there were several.

LM was estimated at 5.1.  My FOV was generally between Taurus and Aries.

From 7:15 to 8:15 UT 14 meteros: ORI = 7, SPO = 4, EGE = 1, NTA = 1, STA = 1
From 8:15 to 9:15 UT 12 meteors: ORI = 10, SPO = 2, EGE = 0, NTA = 0, STA = 0

The distinct smell of charred wood wafted by every now and then.  My neighbor had a big burn from earlier in the day smoldering - still getting rid of tree damage wrought by the apocalyptic ice storm we suffered last December.  The same storm ruined the Geminids for me and forced us from our home for a few days.  I caught a break this time.

Clear, active skies!
Bill
NE Oklahoma