(meteorobs) October 22-23: Orionids on their way back...

Koen Miskotte koen.miskotte at versatel.nl
Thu Oct 23 08:18:28 EDT 2008

Hello Pierre,
thanks for your impressions. Here in the Netherlands the nights 19/20 and
22/23 were partially clear, both maximum nights we were clouded out.
My results of last night:
http://umdb.urania.be/v2/obsview/view.php?id=4115

Teff: 4,42 hour, N meteors 114 (58 ORI, 5 NTA, 5 STA, 6 EGE, 3 LMI, 37 SPO
About 28% of the Orionids were brighter as +1, this is not a normal value. I
also think the Orionid rates are still a bit enhanced.
For the coming night clouds are expected. The next change for us is
friday/saturdaynight.
Bestr wishes,
Koen