(meteorobs) Quick ORI HALWA at NJAA Oct 23 morning

meteoreye at comcast.net meteoreye at comcast.net
Thu Oct 23 09:06:22 EDT 2008

Good rates continued this morning, though that was aided by not having to battle the moon in eye to eye combat. Rates were comparable to the morning of the 21st. Observed from 0623-1008 UT (0223-0610 EDT) 3.75 Teff. LM was very good for NJ all night (haven't processed exact readings yet.), only a slight decline as the moon rose higher and twilight dawned.

71 Total meteors 43 ORI, 5 EGE, 4 STA, 3 NTA, 2 XGE, 14 SPO. Best hour had 16.

Nice slowly varying satellite from +3 to invisible with 10-15 second period about 5:15 EDT, and as I got out of the car at home did a quick sky scan and saw a fine 30 degree elevation pass of the ISS at 6:26. Didn't even know it was going the be visible! Of course I waved at the crew as usual.

Full report later.

I have chewed on the obs from the 19/20 and 20/21 and will be ready to post those full reports later after I get some shuteye. (Both are already in online IMO database).

WaYAWNe