(meteorobs) Missed Opportunity

meteoreye at comcast.net meteoreye at comcast.net
Thu Oct 23 15:51:41 EDT 2008

Sure, it happens all the time. Heck, I should have been out at midnight last night, but slept until 1:30 AM.
Even then, it took me half an hour  (and a 5 minute eye resting laydown) to get my butt in gear.

The night before, I probably could have had 2 good hours on the first post peak morning (in and out clouds), but was just too toasted from the previous 2 nights. I'm sure you can imagine how relieved I was when I woke up to overcast at 4 AM, then outraged at 7 AM when the skies were crystal clear blue.

Believe it or not, even we meteor observers are mostly human :)

For now I am time shifted to a 2 AM wake up cycle for the Orionids...Good for meteors, not so good for life.

Had 5 hours sleep last night and none since my morning session; hopefully I'll wake up tonight since it looks to be the last clear night for a few days.
Give me a call when you wake up! :) :)

Wayne

From: Bill Godley <wwgj180 at yahoo.com>