(meteorobs) 2008 Orionids

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 24 11:36:13 EDT 2008

	Depending on the specs you look at these cameras have the same low
lux sensitivity 0.0003 at f1.2 - 1/60 sec.  What we need is a camera
where you can control exposure length, i.e. 1/30 sec or better 1/15
sec exposure.  Such a system may not be more sensitive recording
moving objects (meteors) but they should be capable of recording more
background stars for reference points for measurement.  The film
based MORP Cameras used chopping shutters with a chopping rate of 4X
per second.  A bit on the low side for velocities but Ian Halliday
used these rates successfully for his Fireball Network.    Anyone
know where one can find a video camera with low lux capability with
exposure length control that will not break the bank?
Ed Majden
B.C. Canada Sentinel Network
Courtenay, B.C.