(meteorobs) Large fireball frequency calculations - Needs updating

stange stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 31 00:23:09 EDT 2008

Interesting graph.

The problem as I see it is in accurately comparing fireball intensity
(peaks) against fixed references..

Soon as I get done updating my website of old pic's of 2007 & 2008, I want
to (try) calibrating the Python light curve against moon phases. Maybe a
trial moving of the camera enough to cause a trigger and to get a brief
light curve peak, or an off/on cable connector....something along those
lines. It could work with a static picture but I have not checked yet, or
given it any real thought yet as to best way.

Should work if brightness and contrast settings are not changed afterward
which would change the calibration.

YCSentinel