(meteorobs) Large fireball frequency calculations - Found it!

stange stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 31 13:07:05 EDT 2008

I think this is it..... YCSentinel

http://aquarid.physics.uwo.ca/~pbrown/flux-final.pdf

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Ashcraft" <ashcraft at heliotown.com>
To: "Global Meteor Observing Forum" <meteorobs at meteorobs.org>
Sent: 2008/10/31 09:49
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) Large fireball frequency calculations -
Needsupdating

There is an article on this subject in NATURE Magazine but it costs $32.
to access. The abstract is here:

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v420/n6913/full/nature01238.html

Does anyone have access to this article who can post a synopsis?

I was also told by a Sandia Labs researcher that "Regarding frequency of
large events, our satellite sensors detect 50-60 per year globally at
–17.5 and brighter. "

I am still hoping for more information.

Thomas Ashcraft