(meteorobs) September Perseids

pmartsching at mchsi.com pmartsching at mchsi.com
Mon Sep 1 12:54:53 EDT 2008

During my last four observing sessions 28/29 Aug - 31 Aug/1 Sep) I have seen
what look like September Perseids (fast, quite a few trains; rates generally
less than one per hour - with several exceptions) apparently coming from a
radiant in the general vicinity of Mirfak in Perseus (about where the SPE
radiant should be on those dates) - yet I read this shower isn't supposed to
begin till about September 5th.  Am I to consider these to just be sporadics???
 If I see similar meteors 4 nights from now they will be called September
Perseids without question.

Paul Martsching