(meteorobs) OT -Requested a specific meteor software program....

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Mon Sep 1 13:16:31 EDT 2008

Yes, and an astronomical image processor probably wants all of these in his
toolbox. Nevertheless, they aren't substitutes for Photoshop, which has the
ability to maintain each frame on an individually editable layer. This is
hugely useful for certain kinds of composition. For compositing video
frames, where the data is only 8-bit, you can use GIMP, which is free. For
16-bit and 32-bit data, Photoshop is the only program I know of that can
work with layers.

No one program has everything. Most people working with astronomical imaging
(especially if some of the data is in video form) have a suite of programs
they utilize.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory