(meteorobs) A flash seen in a video wide field

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Sun Sep 7 17:48:58 EDT 2008

Francisco Ocaña wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> while recording meteors I've found many flashes that I can not identify.

Hi Denis, Francisco and all,

I also capture point of light flashes each night in my all-sky camera. I
used to try to correlate them all to satellite flashes but often they
would not coincide with listed satellites.

It would be great if a list of gamma ray and other natural space burst
events could be supplied to all-sky meteor camera operators so they
could check their nightly data for possible captures.  Does any list of
burst events like this exist?

Thank you.

Thomas Ashcraft
New Mexico