(meteorobs) Chris(Cloudbait) Meteor Telescope?

stange stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 11 23:06:31 EDT 2008

Chris & Ed,  Thanks for input.

I have two telescopes that might be able to do the job, but only one heavy
free camera that is suitable because it is just 0.1 Lux. I do not want to
use a super-sensitive light camera like my Stellacam II because I want as
much detail as is possible without light bloom.

The most suitable telescope is a Stellarvue Nighthawk Next Generation 80mm
F7 (SV 80ED) Fl=560mm, which has already been adapted to fit a Meade
AutoStar mount.

Now I need to know when the next BIG shower will occur, while I find some
way to focus mid-atmosphere ahead of time. I will run the camera with
HandyAvi in meteor trail mode.

YCSentinel