(meteorobs) Fireball - 2008-Sep-25 10:30 UT

Al Degutis al.degutis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 06:59:25 EDT 2008

Driving in to work this pre-dawn morning 5:30 CT (10:30 UT) near Chicago, I
witnessed a very bright (-2 mag or brighter), very large and slow moving
meteor that moved from north of the zenith to the east horizon.  I lasted at
least 5 seconds and had a 3 to 5 degree tail during part of that and
brightened even more as it got closer to the horizon. I'd estimate that it
was visit for about 50 degrees. It was the most amazing meteor I've ever
seen.
Al