(meteorobs) Another New Mexico fireball April 28, 2009 (evening)

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Wed Apr 29 01:50:59 EDT 2009

I captured another good sized fireball this evening April 28, 2009 at
2026:11-17 MDT or in co-ordinated universal time ( April 29, 2009,
0226:11-17 UT).  I was alerted to this fireball from reports on the ten
o'clock news.

I will post a full webpage of data tomorrow but I did extract and post a
movie clip of the fireball from my video. The meteor appears at screen
bottom right. ( In the video north is screen top and west is screen
right.) This meteor could have been west of Socorro, New Mexico or maybe
as far south as Silver City but these are just guesstimates.

Video extract is 2.4 MB in .mp4 format :
http://www.heliotown.com/FBv20090429_022613UTAshcraft.mp4

Interestingly, this particular fireball made no obvious forward scatter
radio reflection.  I will check for ELF/VLF radio reception tomorrow
after the night's recording.

Clear skies,
Thomas Ashcraft
Radio Fireball Observatory