(meteorobs) Perseid Plans

Richard Kramer kramer at sria.com
Sat Aug 8 00:38:29 EDT 2009

At 10:51 PM 8/7/2009, Ed Majden wrote:
>         Weather prospects on Vancouver Island look poor for the Perseids.
>Rain on Monday and 60% rain predicted for Tuesday. Broken clouds on
>Wednesday! Oh well, we need a good rain, without the lightning, to
>get our forests wetted down and reduce the extreme fire risks we have
>been experiencing across British Columbia.  The fire fighters need a
>rest!

I've been planning a return Perseids peak trip to the summit of
Saddleback Mountain in Maine. The weather there is fine tonight, but
the forecast for Tuesday night is for mostly cloudy with 50% chance
of thunder showers. Some may recall my earlier account of getting a
good look at the inside of the clouds on that summit. As much as I
like that hike, I'm not sure it makes sense to go see that again.