(meteorobs) Radio Perseids very poor!

Michael Boschat aa063 at chebucto.ns.ca
Sun Aug 9 13:13:38 EDT 2009

Hi all:

  My radio results are really poor - single digit numbers! have no idea
why. I checked the antenna connections all ok...must be Sporadic E
or other atmospheric going on's. Spaceweather.com has radio obserevrs
hearing many per hour, like 300 or so!

  In the past years I would get near 20-30/hr before max on same date. My
numbers below:

Hgt: 58 meters above sea level
Listening Frequency: 83.24 MHz
Receiver: Icom R-10
Antenna : resonant dipole
Antenna Direction: Horizontally polarized with lobes in E-W plane,
         elev 0 deg
Filter  : high-Q (Q at least 300) bandpass filter between antenna &
           receiver.
Listening Mode: CW
Recording method: listening by ear

  Aug. 4