(meteorobs) May Not Attract Purple Martins, but...

Bill Godley wwgj180 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 9 16:35:47 EDT 2009

... the martin house we have had up for 6 years now with no results works pretty well as a moon block!  I adjust my recliner into the shadow of the house and, with some strategic "scooching", I have about 20 minutes or so before I have to adjust the placement again.

Unfortunately, it didn't help me see many Perseids last night.  Clouds ruined the session after about 45 minutes at 08:00 UT.  Until then, I only saw a few dim meteors.  Fatigue could have been a factor as I was not able to get any "prep sleep".  Weather looks iffy the next few nights, but I will wake up in the middle of the night to check things out and hope for the best.