(meteorobs) No luck meteor radio

Michael Boschat aa063 at chebucto.ns.ca
Tue Aug 11 07:18:37 EDT 2009

Hello:

 Well, once again listening to 83.24 MHz  (Ch.6) detected only 1-2
meteors per hour.
I tried moving the frequency up 60 KHz to 83.31 MHz ( digital?) but
heard nothing for an hour.
I tried that Space radar in Texas at 217.927 MHz but again nothing.
Looks pretty dismal,
can't get our Canadian TV stations that well for pings.

 I'm in an apartment with no roof access an have to set up on my balcony
(had no problems
months or years ago hearing meteors) below is what I use.

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Lat: N 44d 39'
Long: W 63d 36'
Hgt: 58 meters above sea level
Listening Frequency: 83.24 MHz
Receiver: Icom R-10
Antenna : resonant dipole
Antenna Direction: Horizontally polarized with lobes in E-W plane,
        elev 0 deg
Filter  : high-Q (Q at least 300) bandpass filter between antenna &
          receiver.
Listening Mode: CW

Any ideas would be helpful. The filter can be tuned only from
63-116 MHz. I ned it to drown out all the other interference
from FM and local TV stations in Halifax.

--
Clear skies