(meteorobs) Early European General Perseid Observation 11/12 Aug

Catlin cat at catlin.force9.co.uk
Tue Aug 11 16:55:50 EDT 2009

I will be observing Perseids from Leeds England tween 23hrs and 0200hrs
local time depending on my stamina and patience with a neighbours
flashing alarm.
She works in the local forensic lab - burglars beware.

I am a little rusty as my observation time has been limited in the past
two years, however, I will send a report approx three hours after this
one to try and give our friends over the pond an advanced handle with
rates over here. It is fairly clear at the moment and I'm as optimistic
as ever.

I would like to ask anyone for any expected Perseid ZHR as I have done
little homework but hear that a storm may occur tonight? Is tonight the
best night or tomorrow?

Clear skies